Consultant ¦ firstname.lastname@example.org
Formerly known as Andrew Ho Yew Cheng
Andrew prides himself on being a meticulous litigator who is not afraid to roll up his sleeves to get the job done. He also has a keen business sense and excels in formulating creative, strategic solutions for his clients.
To-date, Andrew has achieved a reported decision on a novel legal issue every year over his 20-year legal career – a track record that he intends to continue.
His legal interests lie in the areas of professional negligence, taxation and legal costs. He was the first litigator in Singapore to work with third party funders, while representing Jane Rebecca Ong in her 30-year litigation matter in Singapore and the UK.
Notable Litigation Matters
- Defended a Singapore food manufacturing company against enforcement of a Taiwanese judgment tainted with illegality (Wu Shun Foods Co Ltd v. Ken Ken Food Manufacturing Pte Ltd  SGHC 176)
- Represented 18 plaintiffs in their successful professional negligence claim against their solicitors for negligent execution of their late father’s will. The case also involved novel arguments on the doctrine of conditional revocation of a will. (AEL & Ors v. Cheo Yeoh & Associates  SGHC 129)
- Represented Jane Rebecca Ong (JRO) in a 2-year taxation of the opposing party’s bill, where the Singapore High Court first defined the word “disbursement” under Singapore law (Ong Jane Rebecca v. Lim Lie Hoa & Ors  3 SLR 189)
- Represented JRO in her professional negligence claim against PricewaterhouseCoopers and her former solicitors for their valuation of her late father-in-law’s estate. (Ong Jane Rebecca v PricewaterhouseCoopers & Ors  2 SLR 796)
- Single-handedly located 3 pages of a trust deed amidst 72,000 pages of documents, which was the key document that the UK Courts relied upon to set aside several adverse orders in the JRO litigation. (ST Article)
Professional Memberships and Appointments
Member, Law Society of Singapore
Member, Singapore Academy of Law
English, Mandarin, Cantonese